On Monday, July 8, 2002, I packed up everything I owned (clothes, a vacuum, and a maroon desk chair) and moved to Memphis. I drove straight from Houston to Metro Bible Study at Germantown Baptist Church, where every person that I knew in Memphis would be that night. On my way, I called a girlfriend and asked her if I could stay with her while I figured out what I was doing. I lived with her for 3 months (thanks Dena!) before I got my own place (and after 3 months with the Felkins. Thanks Pineapple Pants!).
I was 22 and had just graduated from college. My parents lived in Canada and I no longer had a place to call home. So I made the choice to start my official "adult" life with Highpoint Church in Memphis, TN. Six years later, I have a fantastic husband, a beautiful home, and a crazy sweet dog.
Though I sometimes complain about living in Memphis and would like to move anywhere else, I am so glad God brought me here. He has a plan for everyday. I'm thankful for His sovereignty, and that He brought me here.
1 comment:
and we are glad that God brought you here too! Just sad that we don't see you enough! Brenly was asking about "Miss Ari" the other day! Lots of kids in this city LOVE you and we thank you for the ministry that you did in their life! (and just think Brenly was only 2-3 years old when she knew you:)
Post a Comment