Saturday, February 14, 2015

The Green Letters {part 2}

Green Letters again.

The second thing I want to share with you I read this morning (while on the elliptical at the gym- go me!) in Chapter 6 called Complete in Him:

"The important things to know and be sure of is that all is ours, we are complete in Him, now. This fact enables us to hold still while He patiently works into our character that life of ours which is hid with Christ in God. 
Progress is only advancing in the knowledge, the spiritual knowledge, of what we really possess at the outset. It is like ascending a ladder. The ladder is grace. The first step is:
1. we believe, that the Lord Jesus was sent of God
2. that in the fullness of His work we are justified
3. we make His acquaintance
4. we come to see Him in heaven; we know our association with Him there, and His power here
5. we learn the mystery, the great things we are entitled to because of being His body
6. that we are seated in heavenly places in Christ
7. lost in wonder and in praise of the knowledge of Himself."

Yes, that's a long list, but simple really. I am complete in Him the second I invited Jesus into my life and acknowledged the fact that I messed up. I did that in the 4th grade. I was made complete in Him at age 9?! Now, I'm somewhere in that list that follows, between #4-7. I have made His acquaintance, isn't that cool? Now I'm learning. Beholding Him (see previous Green Letters post). 

Where are you? Have you met Him yet? Do you even believe that He is the Lord, sent by God (#1)? I hope so- He will make you complete.

No comments: