Wednesday, November 5, 2008

Where were you when...

I can remember all the times growing up, calling my grandparents and asking them where were they when such-and-such happened. Usually for a project or paper for history.

I'm not much a politician -not at all, really- but I do know that I better remember this week well. For sure my children and grandchildren will one day ask me where I was when President Obama was elected. What was the culture like? How did people react? What was it like to elect a black man for the first time? etc.

I better remember this day....

Feel free to comment with your thoughts as well. I'm sure these future grandkids will want to know what my friends thought, too. :-)

1 comment:

Brandie said...

You know, I was thinking about this too, last night. I was thinking about how people ask where we were when 9-11 happened, and I think back and remember what that was like. So, I too will remember where I was for the 2008 election, how I felt and what culture was like...because I think things are going to change for sure.