Tuesday, December 30, 2008

Christmas 2008

Christmas was wonderful this year! Matt and I flew to Fayetteville, AR for Christmas Eve/Day with his family.
Here we are with all the Arkansas family...
Then on Christmas Day, Matt flew back to Memphis to go to work and I flew to Houston to see my family. Though I missed the family portrait...I'll just pretend I'm the one taking the picture.

I was still able to arrive in time to meet my first 2nd cousin on my mom's side...Will! He's 8 months old and has a crush on my mom. :-) So funny! Here we are...

On Friday, I was able to catch up with a few Academy high school friends that were back in town for Christmas. We grabbed a quick lunch at Guadalajara....yeah right! A quick lunch turned into 3 hours of reminiscing! Story after story. Our 10 year reunion was rescheduled because it was supposed to be in September...when fabulous Hurricane Ike left Houston without power for a few weeks.
Anyway, here we are at lunch. The man in the center is "Hammer", aka Mr. Rippetoe. He was our physics teacher in high school, but we were lucky enough to call him our friend too.

So I made it back to Memphis a little earlier than I planned. I caught a 6am flight on Saturday morning and made it back before the rest of the world decided to travel. It was a wonderful Christmas!

1 comment:

Julie said...

I didn't know Matt was from Fayetteville, AR. My husband is from Rogers!